Sunday, June 5, 2011

Another day in the life...

So, we start blogs and we forget about them.  Then one day, we are mucking around with the computer, and we remember our long lost blog.  Mine won't make much sense, since I started it two years ago and only have a couple of posts.  So, I re-start... not from where I left off, but from today.  The premise of my blog was to help me deal with the blows of divorce.  I could come here and bitch and vent, publicly, as sort of a therapeutic venue.  Way back in 2006, there was trouble in paradise.  Only it wasn't paradise.  From the time I realized my marriage was actually over (although I couldn't admit this) and the time it actually dissolved was 5 years.  We physically lived in two separate residences after 2 years, but the divorce still took a few more years.  Money on lawyers, fighting and fighting... he moving onto a new and younger version.  Me, moving on to an older and kinder (in my opinion) person.  Our three children, on the cusp of adolescence...  It's been a long haul.

The pain has been insurmountable.  One foot forward.... always.  During all of this, I quit my job of 17 years, started university and obtained 2 degrees.  Try doing that while your marriage is falling apart.  The sad thing is now, my ex-husband is so vengeful that he aired our dirty laundry to anyone who would listen, and now there are two camps.  The for, and the against.  (of course there are those who choose not to, well, choose).  The family that I spent 20 years loving (his), no longer speak to me, as though I'm the devil incarnate.  There are, as the counsellor says:  very definite character flaws in a person who has such a myopic view on life.  Black and White.  Binary thinking.  

The thousands of nasty hurtful and harmful text messages and emails have been saved.  For what purpose?  I don't know.  I'm just trying to move forward...

No comments:

Post a Comment